36 Helpful Questions To Know Before Booking The Wedding Venue Of Your Dreams
Updated: Sep 15
When considering a venue for your big day, there are a lot of checklists and Pinterest boards and to-do's - but here are 36 helpful questions to ask your wedding venue during the tour.
Knowing the answers to these next questions will help you organize your wants and needs and save you time as you put together the big pieces of your celebration.
Pictured: The Bridal Suite at Piccadilly Place
Finding A Good Fit
We know that timing is everything - and an important piece of the puzzle is getting your date on the calendar. Not to mention, that cute thing you have your heart set on from Pinterest that would be perfect to adapt for your own love story.
It's important to know how you match with your wedding venue on your values, from decor style to recycling.
1. What dates are available in the month I'm considering?
2. How many people can the event space hold for the type of event that I want to have? (Seated dinner and standing cocktail-style celebrations have different space requirements per guest.)
3. Can I bring my pet to be a part of the ceremony?
4. Do you have a recycling policy?
5. Are we allowed to bring in our own decorations to supplement or replace the existing decor?
6. Can we use candles, confetti, sparklers, food trucks or other special thing that keeps popping up on my Pinterest board?
Wedding Day Logistics
When it comes to setting up your big day, anticipating your own wants and needs is crucial to being able to relax and enjoy your celebration.
From getting ready for your debut, to calling an Uber when you call it a night, you'll want to know your options before you're very deep in planning.
Pictured: The Groom's Tavern & The Bridal Suite at Piccadilly Place
7. How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?
"I think this is REALLY important to have access to the venue on the day before for the rehearsal and to drop off of some items."
- Michelle, Michelle's Main Event
Preferred Piccadilly Place Events Coordinator
8. Are there separate spaces for the couple to get ready prior to the event?
9. Do you set up and tear down the items you provide and when can the vendors begin set up on the day of the event?
10. What is the plan for weather contingencies?
11. Are there any restrictions on the use of the space?
12. Are there restrictions on photography or videography?
13. Are there any noise restrictions?
15. Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
16. Do I need to get any additional permits, licenses, or insurance for the event?
17. How many parking spots are available for guests?
18. Can you call ride shares or cabs easily and quickly from the venue?
All the details that come together to flawlessly create the event experience of your dreams start with the answers to these questions here. At Piccadilly Place, many of these things will be coordinated by our in-house planner from Michelle's Main Event.